Why You Can't Test Out of COVID-19 Quarantine*
*Quarantine = staying home/away from others for 14 days after close contact with someone with COVID-19 to make sure you don’t get sick/infect others.
- Possibly exposed to COVID-19?
- Quarantine at home for 14 days.
- You cannot test out of quarantine.
- Even if you test negative, stay home for 14 days.
- A negative test only shows you are not infected on the day tested during the 14 day quarantine.
- You can still test positive and/or become sick during the 14 day quarantine.
- It is important to complete the entire 14 day quarantine.
- After 14 days if you have no symptoms, your quarantine is over.
For general questions about COVID-19 call 211 or 1-800-222-1222. Download the COVID AlertNJ App.