|Jessica Groom, Presidentemail@example.com|
|Heather Gourley-Thompson, Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Academic Achievement: At least 80% of students in grades K-8 will achieve Typical Growth or higher in both Mathematics and English Language Arts using the iReady Diagnostic Assessment as measured in Fall and Spring.At least 30% of students in grades k-8 will achieve Stretch Growth in both Mathematics and English Language Arts using iReady Diagnostic Assessment as measured in Fall and Spring.
- Social and Emotional Well-being: The Shrewsbury Borough School District will work in partnership as a school community with the Shrewsbury Community Alliance (SCA) and the Shrewsbury Parent Teacher Association (SPTA) to provide social and emotional learning experiences and opportunities for supporting the mental health and social and emotional well being of our students.
- Responsive Classroom: The Shrewsbury Borough School District will begin a multi-year implementation of the Responsive Classroom approach to further support the social, emotional, and academic needs of all our students and to mitigate learning loss and accelerate learning progress. Emphasis will be placed on helping students develop their academic, social, and emotional skills in a learning environment that is developmentally responsive to their strengths and needs.
Board of Education Goals
- Execute the referendum project with transparency and as little disruption as possible to our school community.
- Support administration and staff in identifying and closing the gaps left by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Successfully negotiate a new contract with our teachers.
Rules of Correspondence
- Any correspondence to the Board should be addressed to the full Board. The Business Administrator/Board Secretary (email@example.com) must be copied on all correspondence sent to the Board.
- Only correspondence that is addressed to the Members of the Board of Education (which includes the Superintendent) and copied to the Business Administrator/Board Secretary will appear on the agenda under the heading of Communications.
Becoming a Board Member
To become a member of a local Board of Education in New Jersey, you must meet the following legal requirements:
- Be able to read and write;
- Hold citizenship and one year's residency in the school district;
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against the Board;
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body; and
- Be registered to vote in the district and not be disqualified as a voter under N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
Any community member that qualifies with the above legal requirements and would like to become a member of the Shrewsbury Board of Education, should obtain a Candidacy Kit.
Petitions for school board candidates for the November election are available for pick up at the County Clerk’s Election office located at 300 Halls Mill Road, Freehold, NJ 07728, by mail at the same address, by calling 732-431-7790, or on the New Jersey School Boards Association website.
For more information on Board Member election and appointments, please refer to the Shrewsbury Board of Education Policy #0143. Additional information on the Role of Board Member can be found on the New Jersey School Boards Association website.