Guest Arrival Procedures
For the safety, security, and health of our students and employees, we ask that you avoid coming to the building unless it is absolutely necessary. If you do need to come to the school for any reason other than an emergency, you will need to make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance. We will no longer admit parents and guardians on a walk-in basis.
When you arrive at SBS, you will need to sign in at our LobbyGuard Machine in the Main Entrance Vestibule, you will need your driver’s license. All visitors to the school will need to complete a brief health survey containing five COVID-19 screening questions.
- Please be sure to read each question carefully.
- We ask that you answer accurately and honestly.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided before and after signing in.
- Once you receive your LobbyGuard Badge, please stand in front of the SafeCheck Infrared Body Temperature Detector and place your right wrist in front of either black sensor to the right.
- Walk through the SafeCheck unit once you hear the audible “beep” and ring the bell by the window. You will then be able to enter the building.
- Please proceed to the Hall Monitor or the Main Office only.
Late Arrival/Drop Off of a Student
- Please ring the bell outside and enter the vestibule with your student(s).
- You and your student(s) should use the hand sanitizer provided before and after you sign in.
- Student(s) must also sign in at the LobbyGuard as “Student” by entering his/her first and last name.
- The LobbyGuard will issue the student(s) a hall pass for their teacher in class.
- Student(s) will stand in front of the SafeCheck Infrared Body Temperature Detector, place their right wrist in front of either black sensor on the right and walk through after the audible “beep.”
- Parent(s) will then sign the Student Sign In/Sign Out Log on the counter in the vestibule with the date, student’s full name, your relationship to the student(s), and the time of arrival using a clean “new” pen.
- Once the Sign In is complete, please place the “used” pen in the “used pen bin” for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Ring the bell by the window.
- Student(s) will enter into the Main Entrance Lobby and proceed to their classroom or class with the LobbyGuard hall pass for their teacher.
- Parent(s) do not need to sign into the LobbyGuard as they will not be entering the building.
Early Pick Up of a Student
- Please ring the bell outside the Main Entrance and enter the vestibule.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering and leaving the vestibule.
- Next, please ring the bell by the window and let the Main Office Staff or Hall Monitor know who you are here to pick up.
- Parent(s) will use a clean “new” pen to record the following information in the Student Sign In/Sign Out Log on the counter including:
- the date
- student(s) full name
- the time of pick up/dismissal
- your relationship to the student(s)
- place the pen that you just used in the “used pen bin”
- once Sign Out by the Parent/Guardian is complete, please place the “used” pen in the “used pen bin” for cleaning and sanitizing
- please wait in the vestibule for your student(s) to be dismissed
- Our Hall Monitor will let student(s) into the vestibule for pick up.