Use of Facilities
This form is to be used when any organization or individual desires to utilize our school building. In many cases, there are fees attached to the use of the facilities.
Complete the form as directed below and return it to the business office a minimum of two weeks prior to your request.
- Please be sure each copy is filled out in its entirety.
- Forms must be submitted to Kara Crespo.
- Forms must be submitted two weeks prior to your request date.
- Please be sure to provide a current Certificate of Insurance with the Shrewsbury Board of Education named as "additionally insured" at the bottom of the form.
- Please be advised of the revised Board of Education fee schedule listed below.
If you have facility use questions, please contact Kara Crespo or (732) 747.0882 x103
Use Rules and Fees
The Shrewsbury Board of Education understands the needs of local groups to use the Shrewsbury Borough School for activities. The Shrewsbury Board of Education also understands its responsibility to keep the students and staff safe at all times. In order to achieve a balance, the Board of Education will allow the limited use of its facilities to outside groups within the rule requirements and the fee schedule listed below.
All applicants must follow all District protocols, procedures and policies and applicable State and Federal Laws in relation to the COVID-19 Pandemic. This means any groups using the facilities will be required to do the following:
- All users will be required to post an individual to monitor the event to ensure protocols, etc. are being adhered to.
- All users will be required to ensure all coaches, referees, and participants, etc. are wearing masks at all times. The only allowable exceptions are for participants engaging in high intensity aerobic activities. If the participant is on the bench/sidelines etc., a mask is required at all times.
- All users will be required to monitor temperatures for all event participants. Users must appoint a person and stage that person at the main entrance to the building in order to monitor temperatures of anyone who enters the building during their scheduled time. Any person attempting to enter the building that has a temperature reading of 99 degrees or higher shall not be permitted to enter the building. Users may use the district's SafeCheck temperature monitors at the main entrance to the school.
- Spectators will be limited. All users will be required to ensure masks are worn by all spectators at all times.
- All users will ensure all attending or participating in the event is practicing social distancing.
- All users will be restricted to their approved space. No participants will be allowed in any other part of the school. It is the user's responsibility to keep any participants (including small children in attendance) restricted to the approved area.
- Additional restrictions or requirements may be added at any time by the School District.
- All groups using the facilities will be required to sign off that they agree to our terms and fees.
The District is currently allowing limited facility use due to the pandemic but will consider applications individually.
The Shrewsbury Borough School District has revised the building use fee schedule as follows effective Monday, November 1st, 2021.
Fees for energy, additional cleaning and disinfection will be called Building Use Fees.
Scheduling for the Building use will be as follows:
- Monday through Friday: All activities must be completed and all participants must be out of the building by 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: The building may be scheduled from 8:30 a.m. through 4:30 pm.
When scheduling the building on a weekend, a group must do so for a minimum or 4 hours (as per the Custodial/Maintenance Contract).
Building Use Fee of $25/hr. (any half hour will be rounded to the next full hour) for the following groups:
- Shrewsbury Borough Recreation
- SPTA (for large events only at the discretion of the Board)
- Foundation for Shrewsbury Education (for large events only at the discretion of the Board)
Building Use Fee of $50/hr. (any half hour will be rounded to the next full hour) for the following groups:
- SYAA Events and Games
- Mid Monmouth Youth Recreational Events and Games
- Mid Monmouth Recreation Events and Games
Building Use Fee of $200/hr. (any half hour will be rounded to the next full hour) for all other groups approved to use the facility.
Additional Custodial Fees:
A Custodial/Maintenance Staff Member is required to be on premises whenever a group is using the building. Fees will be charged on any weekend date or a date that has been approved when school would normally be closed. Fees will be charged for a minimum of 4 hours and will be equal to time and a half the rate of pay for the person/persons taking that shift as per the Custodial Contract. If a group fails to show up, the group will still be responsible for that fee.