PUBLIC NOTICE - Board Of Education Vacancy
SHREWSBURY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
The Shrewsbury Borough School District Board of Education is seeking a qualified candidate for membership to the Board. The Board, within the powers delegated to it by law, is the policy-making legislative branch of the School District. This term will run until December 31, 2024. In November 2024, the position will be placed on the ballot at the annual election. The Board of Education prefers a candidate that will work cooperatively with the existing Board of Education, remains non-partisan with a child-centered focus and shares the values of the District as outlined in its Mission Statement.
- Requirements as set forth by NJSA 18A:12-1 et seq.
- A citizen of the United States of America
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to read and write
- A resident of the Shrewsbury municipality for at least (1) year preceding the date of appointment
- Not directly/indirectly interested in a contract with a claim against the Board
- Registered to vote in the District
- Not disqualified as a voter pursuant to NJSA 19:4-1
- Has not been disqualified due to the conviction of a crime or offense listed in N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1
Any qualified Shrewsbury resident interested in serving the children of our school district should submit a letter of interest and an outline of work experiences via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, February 9, 2024, until 3:00 p.m.
The Board of Education will review all qualifying applicants.
Interviews are anticipated to be conducted before the Board on Wednesday, February 21, 2024, at the scheduled Board of Education meeting held in the Media Center, Shrewsbury Borough School District, 20 Obre Place, Shrewsbury, NJ.