Shrewsbury Boro School Media Center
A school library should be the center of every school. The library serves as a connector between academic disciplines and belongs to teachers and students as much as to the librarian. The media center exists to help students find information both print and online. I believe the most important role of the library is to help students become life-long learners as they discover the joy of independent reading.
- To instill in students a desire to be life-long readers and to have the ability to search for answers independently in the Media Center.
- To acquire and maintain a balanced collection of resources, which represent a wide range of subjects, levels of difficulty and formats.
- To provide learning experiences which encourage students to become proficient users of information and technology.
- To support the district’s curriculum and the teachers' classroom programs by providing necessary materials and appropriate guidance and instruction to students.
- To support the district’s curriculum and the teacher’s classroom programs by providing a range of resources, technology, and professional development opportunities for teachers.