WELCOME TO THE MARX MEDIA CENTER
Hello! I could not be happier to be the new Media Specialist at Shrewsbury Borough School! I received my Masters in Library Science through North Carolina Central University and recently moved from the Philadelphia area. I am excited to watch our students develop a love for reading, become proficient navigators of resources, and to use and develop technology skills. These last few weeks have been a real joy getting to know staff, students and becoming a part of the life at Shrewsbury Borough School. If you ever have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone x600.
Miss Erin Schmitt
A school library should be the center of every school. The library serves as a connector between academic disciplines and belongs to teachers and students as much as to the librarian. The media center exists to help students find information both print and online. I believe the most important role of the library is to help students become life-long learners as they discover the joy of independent reading.
1) To instill in students a desire to be life-long readers and to have the ability to search for answers independently in the Media Center.
2) To acquire and maintain a balanced collection of resources, which represent a wide range of subjects, levels of difficulty and formats.
3) To provide learning experiences which encourage students to become proficient users of information and technology.
4) To support the district’s curriculum and the teachers' classroom programs by providing necessary materials and appropriate guidance and instruction to students.
5) To support the district’s curriculum and the teacher’s classroom programs by providing a range of resources, technology, and professional development opportunities for teachers.
Shrewsbury Borough School District :: 20 Obre Place, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702 :: 732-747-0882