WELCOME TO THE MARX MEDIA CENTER
Hello! I could not be happier to be the new Media Specialist at Shrewsbury Borough School! I received my Masters in Library Science through North Carolina Central University and recently moved from the Philadelphia area. I am excited to watch our students develop a love for reading, become proficient navigators of resources, and to use and develop technology skills. These last few weeks have been a real joy getting to know staff, students and becoming a part of the life at Shrewsbury Borough School. If you ever have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone x600.
Miss Erin Schmitt
2015 Summer Reading Progam
Summer is just around the corner, and with the sunshine comes more opportunities for play, reading , and relaxation! Summer reading is a great way for students stay engaged in learning, to think critically and imaginatively, and to be ready for the new school year. Please encourage your child to participate in our summer reading program!
READERS ARE LEADERS
Students will be awarded according to the number of hours read. Students can track their reading progress on the Reading Log. All signed Reading Logs, Poster Display Forms, & Book Choice Forms need to be turned in to the library by September 11 th .
10 hours read : ice cream voucher
20 hours read: certificate
30 hours read: students will be a part of the Readers Are Leaders poster display in the library
40 hours read : students will receive a book of their choice
50 hours read: Students will receive an individual Readers Are Leaders plaque & their name will appear on the 2015 Readers are Leaders plaque that hangs outside the mainoffice hallway
(Please click on the 'Summer Reading' link on the left side for attached documents)
A school library should be the center of every school. The library serves as a connector between academic disciplines and belongs to teachers and students as much as to the librarian. The media center exists to help students find information both print and online. I believe the most important role of the library is to help students become life-long learners as they discover the joy of independent reading.
1) To instill in students a desire to be life-long readers and to have the ability to search for answers independently in the Media Center.
2) To acquire and maintain a balanced collection of resources, which represent a wide range of subjects, levels of difficulty and formats.
3) To provide learning experiences which encourage students to become proficient users of information and technology.
4) To support the district’s curriculum and the teachers' classroom programs by providing necessary materials and appropriate guidance and instruction to students.
5) To support the district’s curriculum and the teacher’s classroom programs by providing a range of resources, technology, and professional development opportunities for teachers.
Shrewsbury Borough School District :: 20 Obre Place, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702 :: 732-747-0882