Readers Are Leaders
2016 Summer Reading Program
Students will earn increasing awards for every ten hours that are read through 50 hours. All forms are due back in the Fall on Monday , September 12 th .
10 hours: Student will receive an ice cream voucher to be used at school cafeteria
20 hours: Student will receive a Readers Are Leaders certificate
30 hours: Student will be a part of the Poster Display in the library (please return corresponding form)
40 hours : Student will receive a paperback book of their choice (please return corresponding form)
50 hours: Student will receive an individual plaque and be a part of the 2016 Readers Are Leaders plaque located outside the main office
Any questions please feel free to contact Erin Schmitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
A school library should be the center of every school. The library serves as a connector between academic disciplines and belongs to teachers and students as much as to the librarian. The media center exists to help students find information both print and online. I believe the most important role of the library is to help students become life-long learners as they discover the joy of independent reading.
1) To instill in students a desire to be life-long readers and to have the ability to search for answers independently in the Media Center.
2) To acquire and maintain a balanced collection of resources, which represent a wide range of subjects, levels of difficulty and formats.
3) To provide learning experiences which encourage students to become proficient users of information and technology.
4) To support the district’s curriculum and the teachers' classroom programs by providing necessary materials and appropriate guidance and instruction to students.
5) To support the district’s curriculum and the teacher’s classroom programs by providing a range of resources, technology, and professional development opportunities for teachers.
Shrewsbury Borough School District :: 20 Obre Place, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702 :: 732-747-0882